what you need to know if your plans are interrupted
We always hope that you don't need to cancel your trip, but realize sometimes it is necessary. Below we have covered most of the commonly asked points to help make your cancellation smooth.
What is your cancellation policy?
Notice of cancellation must be made in writing and either sent via postal mail or via email to Pedalers. The Date of Cancellation will be the day we receive your written notice of cancellation. Cancellations by phone will not be considered as valid notice.
Cancellations received before 45 days prior to the scheduled start of the ride will forfeit the deposits paid. Any monies paid in excess of the deposit will be refunded less a 3% processing fee that our bank does not refund.
Cancellations received less than 45 days prior to the scheduled start of the ride will forfeit all payments made. No refunds will be made.
Private dates and group bookings which were subject to a different due date (60 or 90 days prior) will have that same time frame used for cancellation penalties, ie 60 days prior not 45 days prior.
Our cancellation policy is strictly enforced with no exceptions including medical and family emergencies, deaths in the family, weather or civil unrest. Please note:
- There is no refund for arriving late or leaving a trip early.
- Single supplements are considered part of the trip price and are subject to the cancellation penalties.
- Pedalers reserves the right to make route and accommodation modifications as needed.
- On the rare occasion when Pedalers voluntarily cancels a trip, all payments received to date will be refunded, which constitutes full settlement.
- Pedalers is not responsible for expenses incurred in preparation for any canceled trips, such as airline tickets, or for costs incurred due to travel delays, flight cancellation or illness.
- Guests who fail to complete the Guest Questionnaire prior to trip departure will not be allowed to join the trip and will be considered as voluntary cancellation by the guest, subject to Pedalers standard cancellation policy as described above.
- We strongly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance to cover non-refundable items in the event situations force you to cancel your travel plans.
What do I need to do to cancel?
Your written notice of cancellation (via postal mail or email) must include your name, as well as names of any others you signed up on behalf of, your original booking number and the tour name with departure date noted. The date we receive your notice of cancellation, shall be the date to determine penalties as mentioned above.
What if borders are closed or floods happen?
In the event that a tour is unable to operate as scheduled due to reasons beyond the control of Pedalers, including but not limited to: border closures, government imposed travel restrictions, extreme weather, natural disaster, war, acts of terrorism, all tour payments made will be converted to a credit that can be applied to a future date of the same tour or transferred to a different tour within two years of the booking interruption.
I have been injured, any refund?
While accidents are unfortunate, our cancellation policies are pretty straight forward. Depending on the severity of your injury and proximity to your scheduled departure date, an option to reschedule may exist. But no refunds beyond those spelled out in our Terms & Conditions will be available. Travel Insurance is always a good investment.
Can I move my booking to a new date?
Pedalers no longer charges any fees for transferring your booking and monies paid to a new departure date or to a different tour package.
To change dates or tours, please contact us in writing, either by email or old fashion postal mail, with your request. As a means of verification, we request that your change notification include: your name, original tourcode & booking ID and the names of others on your booking. Your booking will be updated and an email with your new tourcode and booking id will be sent.
If you find you need to change again, the same policy and no fee option will apply.
Please note: This flexible change policy does require that you make the change of dates at least 30 days prior to your trip's departure date.
Can someone else use my booking?
No, bookings or credits can not be transferred to another traveler.
How do I get a receipt to show my travel insurance company?
If you need to make a claim against your travel insurance coverage, drop us an email and we can send you an itemized invoice for your trip and payments. Any partial refunds you received from Pedalers will be noted on the invoice.